Sunday, September 7, 2014

Godzilla [Film Review]

I have never seen a Godzilla film, but he's so immensely well known throughout the world, and the fact that this film has Bryan Cranston in it had me excited for it.

Unfortunately, Bryan Cranston plays a very small part in the film (as does Godzilla, oddly). But it's still pretty dang awesome. Godzilla is an awesome piece of special-effects filled cinema. Though Aaron Taylor Johnson does take center stage and at times does not really handle it well, (he never really has), it's still great fun.

I watched this with my brother, and we were not quite in a serious mood... to be honest it was hard to be serious with a subject that has been so commonly parodied, as Godzilla has. So my brother and I were laughing throughout just about the entire film. But it still had incredible action scenes, and an intense atmosphere.

The cast, aside from the disappointing Aaron Taylor Johnson, is pretty spectacular. Ken Watanabe, Sally Hawkins, Bryan Cranston and Elizabeth Olsen, though they all have rather small roles, are amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment