Monday, November 17, 2014

On Leaving Letterboxd

You may have noticed a ten day absence from me if you know me from Letterboxd... well I've essentially left the site. I've decided to spend less time online, and also, the community has become rather negative towards my life as a Christian. Not to pinpoint or accuse, but specifically, reviews of God's Not Dead have been especially... offensive, really. Often, when people on Letterboxd review that film, they do not restrict their criticism but then begin accusing Christians in general and then joke about hell. I know that is how much of the world is, but it's not what I want to be around.

I'll still have my Letterboxd up, so that my reviews will remain, and I'll still be able to use my lists and such, as those have been very very useful (especially my current scheduled watch list). But I won't be posting reviews on there anymore. Instead, they'll all be here.

1 comment:

  1. The internet is often unkind to religion and religious people. Sorry you decided to leave, but I'm glad you'll be staying here. I'll try to stop by as often as I can. Good luck and keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete