Tuesday, July 29, 2014

The Place Beyond the Pines [Film Review]

★★★★

Rewatched as a new part of my movie collection.

     The Place Beyond the Pines, directed by Derek Cianfrance, is engaging, exciting, especially emotional, and quite the ride. Divided into three parts, each with different characters connected to one story, we're able to see a lot occur during the course of a decade and a half. The consequences of actions are a theme that's very well explored in the film, as we see their effect through a generation. 
     It's often hard for me to describe how great my favorite films are, and thus it's hard for me to review this film. It's really a lot more of an experience than it is simply a technically a good film, though it is a technically good film. I'll stop here though I haven't said much at all, but I definitely recommend this film to everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment